Monday, December 25, 2006

Joyeux Noel and Merry Christmas!



I am home for the holidays, once again! I got back into town, after almost exactly 24 hours of traveling, on Wednesday night at midnight CST. It is great to be back in ole Lake Crystal. It isn’t actually too cold and for once there is no snow on the ground...it sounds like we are headed for a record breaking latest snow. Theresa is home from Iowa, Angie is here from Milwaukee with her fiancĂ©, Greg, and of course Mom and Jim are here, too. Oh, and let's not forget our dog Sam, who managed to gobble up 3 dozen of the peanut butter cookies I made this morning. Yup, we're all here. I'll see my dad and Patti on the 27th...they are just getting back from India! My dad sent an email letting me know that he has finally figured out how Santa does it...he starts in the East and moves West. As my dad and Patti have been slowing flying back to the US they have technically been on 'Christmas Eve' for about 44 hours!!

It's always good to be home and I got a chance to make it over to Katie and Tony's place for a little Christmas party on Friday night. They are two old high school friends...and it was great to see them and everyone there. I have to admit though, I was surprised at how 'domestic' it all was. Of course, when I get together with my friend in Paris we have cocktails and wine and everyone chats about work and there are dips and sweets and little hors d'oeuvres. But I was just a little surprised to see my rowdy high school friends doing the same. I guess everybody is 'growing up' with or without me around. It was funny, I was almost a little nervous to go since I don't see my high school friends very often any more...and I just didn't know what to expect, what I would say, etc. But the second I got in the door I felt right at home and found that it was great to see old friends and laugh about old times and to catch up on what's been going on. We're all scattered off in the world, some around here where we grew up, some up in the Twin Cities, or around other cities around the Midwest or even further...but it is fun when we all get together because it reminds me where I came from and that Lake Crystal and all the people I grew up with are a part of me and in my heart no matter where I go.

Sometimes the holidays get so busy and hectic that they are over before we know it...so as you all go home for the holidays and see friends and family again, I hope that you can take time to relax and enjoy it.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
Lots of love and best wishes,
Tina

No comments: