Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Concept of a Carrot

So, I haven’t been able to blog much lately…but I have had my hands full! Here is a small tableau from my working life to help you see what I am up against :)


My Boss: What do you think of the concept of a carrot?

(Me: thinking, searching, grasping at straws....Where is he going with this? Think, Tina! Think! Oh! I’ve got something. A really good stretch on my part, if I do say so myself….)

Me: You mean like the horse and the carrot? Like a reward?

My Boss: No.

(Shoot! Strike one…maybe I should try the more obvious route?)

Me: Um…you mean like the veggie?

(Moment of silence.)

My Boss: Did you know they weren’t originally orange?

(I don’t know what the hell he is talking about, but I’m willing to go with it…)

Me: Really?! That’s interesting. What color were they?

(Silence. My boss looks at the folder he’s been holding for the last 10 minutes. He seems very surprised to see it in his hands. He stands there for a minute marveling at the folder. He shakes his head. Smiles and gives a little laugh and walks away. End of conversation.)

No comments: