Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2009 YEAR IN REVIEW

2009
In 2009, these things happened.....


JANUARY 2009: Obama's inauguration. Started yoga three times a week! Had a lovely and relaxing weekend near Bordeaux on our friend Remy's organic farm.



FEBRUARY 2009: Bought my first grown-up purse :) Photos available for viewing on facebook. (brontibay....mmmmm) Had a Valetine's date with Bee. Starting rehearsing for the play TROIS LITTLE AFFAIRES.



MARCH 2009: Went to the south for Bruno's sister's wedding and I bought a cute dress and the weather was nice...and I got sick and barfed the entire wedding day and missed it all. Oops. The trip started out great! Also I threw a babyshower for Jeannine and went to a great prouduction of Uncle Vanya at Bouffes du Nord (Peter Brook's theatre) and brought my friend Courtney's little sister with me :)



APRIL 2009: My mom came to visit! It was really fun GREAT! We rented a car with Bruno and went to see castles in the Loire Valley. SO FUN!



MAY 2009: BUDAPEST TRIP by T.S. SHELLIOT! That'd be me, sarah and shelli...arriving from NY, Paris and Oslo to spend a fabulous weekend together! It was A-MAZING! Then I went to Nice with my friend Natalie for a weekend. Also very good times. BEACH! And sipping Monaccos on the terrasse in the sun. Love it. Also....baby Arthur was born May 20th!



JUNE 2009: Two performaces of our play TROIS LITTLE AFFAIRES. Very good experience and an important step for the project! Also Bruno's neice was born, Maelys, on June 23rd and our good friend Fanny's baby, Amel, was born June 18th!



JULY 2009: Trip to the south to meet Maelys. She was beautiful, precious and so tiny! A great trip, hot and sunny and time to enjoy the pool! Bastille day fireworks at the Eiffel tower as viewed from a rooftop on the Ile Saint Louis...breathtaking. The rooftops and the view of Notre Dame, the Eiffel tower, the Pantheon...stunning! Also for the second half of the month Bruno and I were in MN!!! We went camping with my mom and jim and took the boat out a bunch and skiied. Theresa came home early to surprise me. I got to see Monica and her beautiful kiddies, Bella and James, on my magical extended layover in Chicago. PERFECT!



AUGUST 2009: Still at home in MN. Great times with fam and old friends (Megan, Rob, Mark! Abby! Natalie and Liam! Jess!!! I loved seeing all of you this summer!!) Then next up was a lovely week in CA seeing Kate, Anna, cousin Rob and Frankie, my sweet friend Lilia and then weekend trip to Santa Cruz on the beach with Terra, Sasha and Courtney. FAB-U-LOUS!!



SEPTEMBER 2009: Back to work after summer fun. Joined a Monday morning acting workshop with my old teacher Mylene from l'AIT. Started teaching at Method Acting Center on Wednesday nights...this started with involvement in the intense 7 day 'semaine d'integration.'



OCTOBER 2009: Bruno and I had our 4 year anniversary! I went to visit Viola in Milan and it was beautiful and sunny and we went to a SPA! Also I got cast in the ensemble for the epic production of DYING AS A COUNTRY at THEATRE DE l'ODEON! We started rehearsals in October.



NOVEMBER 2009: Performed in DYING AS A COUNTRY on the Odeon stage to 5nights of full houses in a 400 seat theatre. We got champagne and tons of delicious little things to eat after the opening show. Felt like a star! Then after dying as a country I took to dying as myself on the couch with the flu. That pretty much took most of November! Oh, and I turned 29! Also, 3 LITTLE AFFAIRES signed the contract to do 36 date run at A La Folie Theatre starting March 18th, 2010! (www.3littleaffaires.com)



DECEMBER 2009: Really fun night of 'works in progress' sponored by the Arts Arena...I performed in Mose's "Should Your Head Get Caught in a Lawnmower," a special seminar about what to do when Maria Callahan no longer loves you. Got reunited with an old college friend, Jeff Kite, who is now playing with Julian Casablancas (of The Strokes) and got invited to the show at the Bataclan with back stage passes and went out with everybody after the show. FUN! Went home to see my fam for the holidays! It was a great trip...arriving in Milwaukee in time to see Angie direct the Christmas concert for her school. I got to stay at Angie and Greg's beautiful home! Went to Rochester to see where my mom works now and Theresa came up to meet us. Then a trip to Lake Crystal and up to my dad's. A lovely and relaxing New Year's Eve with friends by the fire place north of Paris.



Wow...looks like this year got better and better! And I have very HIGH HOPES for 2010!! I hope this finds you well and should you feel so inclined to make similar list...I'd love to hear what you've all been up to!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! I hope 2010 is full of love, laughter, learning, discovery, joy, good food, good friends and good health!

No comments: