Monday, November 10, 2008

Momma's Banana Nut Bread

I've been baking a lot lately and one of the things I've made most often is my mom's banana nut bread. I've promised the recipe to a few different friends...so I've decided to post it here:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs beaten
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
1tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I use walnuts)


Steps:
Beat oil and sugar.
Add eggs and banana and beat well.
Add dry ingredients, milk and vanilla.
Mix well.
Stir in nuts.

Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.
Bake at 350° F for 40min.

To be more healthy:
I use 1/2 cup white granulated sugar and 1/2 cup unrefined sugar.
Also when baking I sometimes use 1/2 refined flour half whole wheat flour.
I use cooking oil with Omega 3 and Omega 6.

To be less healthy:
I sometimes add white chocolate chunks. You could also add chocolate chips.


BON APPETIT!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

YEAY, Tina!!! Thanks for the recipe! As winter and the ever-present gray skies take over Paris, this one will keep me cozy!